Friday 18 January 2013

Bachelors Walk - Patrick Quinn


Examination of Frank M. Byrne, House Surgeon of Jervis Street Hospital, City of Dublin, taken before me, Louis A. Byrne, Coroner for the County of theCity of Dublin, this 28th day of July, 1914, who, being duly sworn upon Oath, said :—

Deceased, Patrick Quinn, 1 Gardiner's Lane, was brought to Jervis Street Hospital about 7 o'clock on Sunday evening, the 26th inst. On examining him I found life extinct. By order of the City Coroner, I made a post-mortem examination. Externally I found a small inverted punctured wound at the back of and slightly above the middle of the right thigh, which wound communicated with another punctured wound of larger size in front of thigh. Internally I found  the femoral artery had been severed. The other organs were healthy. The wounds could have been caused by a bullet. In my opinion only one bullet entered the leg.

Frank M. Byrne,
House Surgeon,
Jervis Street Hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment